Terms of Sales
- The website vuse.com/gr/el (www.vuse.gr)includes the services offered by an online commercial store selling products and services via the internet (the e-shop or Website or Webpage) set up by the company with the corporate name British American Tobacco Hellas S.A., GEMI No. 000912001000, Tax Reg. No. 094306535 / Athens FAE Tax Office, whose registered offices are at 27 Agiou Thoma St., Marousi, GR-15124, Tel. 210 8198500, email: email@example.com (“we”, “us” or “our” or “the Company”).
- The e-shop is managed on our behalf by DIGITALWISE IKE, trading as DigitalWise, GEMI No. 135216103000, Tax Reg. No. 800673546, whose registered offices are at Messogeion Avenue 247, Neo Psichiko, GR-15451, Tel. +30 212-104-3200, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you purchase products (the Products) from the e-shop/ Website or use the services offered via the Website (the Services), your purchase will be governed by these Terms and the Terms and Conditions of the
- Before visiting and using our vuse.com/gr/el (www.vuse.gr)e-shop and our services, we ask you to carefully read the following terms and conditions in accordance with which use of www.vuse.com/gr/el (www.vuse.gr) and its content is permitted.
- These Terms and Conditions (the Terms) along with all information and documents referred to therein, govern your use of the vuse.com/gr/el (www.vuse.gr)e-shop. Use includes access to, navigating or registering for use of our website.
- By using the e-shop you are presumed to have agreed to and accepted these Terms.
- We can amend these Terms from time to time. Please regularly check these Terms to ensure that you understand the terms which apply each time you use the e-shop.
- By accessing, viewing or using any Services at the e-shop, you declare and guarantee that you are at least 18 years old and fully capable of entering into legal transactions and agree that you are bound by the Terms and are subject to them. In conjunction with the above, you also declare and guarantee that you are entitled and able to agree to and be bound by these Terms.
- Visitors/users of the Services understand and accept that the Website reserves the right to modify and/or terminate, whether temporarily or permanently, all or part of the services available to visitors/users, doing so with or without notice.
- If you do not agree with the Terms, you should not use the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in works of art, graphics, text, video and audio clips, trademarks, logos and other content available on this website (the “Content”) belong to us or are used under licence.
- Although you can copy any part of this Website to your own computer for your personal use, you cannot copy or incorporate any of the Content available on the Website to any other location, including your Website, or use the Content for any other public or commercial purpose. Our role (and that of recognised creators) as creators of the Content must always be recognised. You cannot publish or redistribute any section of our website unless you have permission from us to do so. We retain ownership of all content, including any downloadable software or code, any images incorporated into or generated by the software and all data accompanying it.
- Save where otherwise specified, all trademarks used on this website are the property of the Company or companies in our group.
- If you print, copy or download the Content in breach of these Terms, your right to use this Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the Content you have created.
Personal data protection
Like many web services, we use a feature called cookies, which are small data files sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your device's hard disk. References to cookies in these Terms also include other means of automatically accessing or storing information on your device. In accordance with these Terms, you provide your consent to cookies being used in the ways outlined in our Cookies Policy, but you can delete any of those cookies at any time if you so wish. Please refer to the Cookies Policy for detailed information about the types of cookies we use on the website, the purposes for which we use each type of cookie and how you can turn off and enable the use of certain cookies.
- The user can opt to register with vuse.com/gr/el (www.vuse.gr). Each customer can only register once. Using the unique combination of email address and the password chosen and specified by the user, or accessing the e-shop as a guest (no registration needed), customers have the following options:
- To view the contents of the shopping cart (“My Cart”). The cart shows the products the customer has chosen to order. Customers can place orders for products. Those orders can be reviewed or changed (by deleting items, changing quantities) at any time until the order is completed.
- To complete the order and pay by selecting one of the payment options offered by the e-shop.
- To view past orders.
- To change the customer’s details for their account
- To register their device
- User registration and participation is free, personal, non-transferable and non-assignable. The user is responsible for the information provided to the Company and the Website shall rely solely and exclusively on statements made about the user’s personal data. The information provided when registering must be complete, true and up-to-date. Where a legal person registers as a user, the name of the contact person and the full name of the legal person must be provided. If that information changes, the user is obliged to promptly provide the new particulars so that they are complete and true at all times.
- The Company’s e-shop promotes, markets and resells company products and/or the products of suppliers it collaborates with. “Supplier” has the meaning given to that term in the provisions of Law 2251/1994 on consumer protection as well as any manufacturer/ packager, importer/ distributor as defined in more specific legislative provisions (hereinafter “Suppliers” for the sake of brevity). The company reserves the right to freely select the products it advertises on its website and to modify, renew and/or withdraw them at any time without prior notice. The same shall also apply to its pricing policy, any offers and discounts which it may freely opt to provide, and to modify, renew and/or withdraw at any time without prior notice and/or compliance with deadlines, provided that users are notified in the manner specified by law.
- Terms of sale
- The presentation of products and services for sale on our website is an invitation to users to submit an offer to conclude a contract and such presentation is not in any way a commitment by the undertaking to the availability and adequacy of the products and services being offered (Articles 127 et seq. of the Hellenic Civil Code). By placing an order, you agree to purchase a product in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You can also submit your order as a guest user without having to register as a user on the website.
- In order to ensure that you are fully informed and that you are protected against unforeseen events as much as possible, orders are placed as follows:
- a) Once the order request is completed, it shows the total for the order overall, which includes all information relevant to the order. If you go on to complete your order, you are connected to a third party payment service provider in order to complete payment of the agreed price under the terms of the following subparagraph. Once payment is successfully completed, you receive an automated order confirmation message which is sent to the email address you have provided us with. If you choose to deposit the cost of the order in the Company’s bank account, the order will not be filled until the company’s bank account has been credited. In case of choosing to pay for your order by cash on delivery then you will receive the order confirmation based on which the products will be delivered to you on the condition of the appropriate payment upon delivery.
- b) In order to ensure the greatest possible degree of security for transactions, our Company may (but is not obliged to) carry out checks via its payment service providers relating to the correctness of the payment data sent to us (in the case of payment via a credit card or a third party online payment service provider) during the completion of your order and the connection to the third party payment service provider, it may reject your order where it is ascertained or is possible that there is any problem with that data.
- Following that, your order is sent to the collection stage to be processed and an email will be sent to you when the products are dispatched to the delivery address you have declared.
- If for any reason it is found that there is an unexpected shortage of one or more of the products you ordered and/or that a product will be available after the delivery time indicated on our e-shop or that there is a problem in relation to the products included in your order, our Company will make every concerted effort to contact you either by sending a message to the email address you have provided us with or by having a representative directly contact you (either using all the above methods) in order to reach agreement with you on any amendment, correction or cancellation of your order. If it is not possible to contact you for a period of seven calendar days, your order will be filled to the extent that there are stocks available and the remainder will be cancelled. In all events, notice of any amendment to your order will be sent to you again by a new email to the email address you have provided us with, and that message will constitute confirmation of your order, on the basis of which your order will be filled.
- Note that the dispatch time may vary depending on the availability of the products. Delivery times are subject to delays. Delays may be due to courier companies or force majeure, which is not our responsibility. In the case of orders placed in Greece, delivery is usually within 1-4 working days from confirmation of dispatch according to the specific terms with regards to Delivery.
- To enter into a transaction on our website you need to be over 18. Visitors aged under 18 are not permitted to enter the e-shop or exchange data and any information with us. When placing an order, you undertake that all the data you provide is true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card you used to place your order and that there are adequate funds to cover the cost of the products. In all events, the Company reserves the right to carry out the checks referred to in Article 5.6.4.b. above.
- All products are only available for personal use and not for resale.
- When you place an order, you will receive an email confirming that we have received and accepted your order. The product purchase agreement will only be concluded after your payment is approved and the Company’s account is credited by depositing the money in its bank account. In case of cash on delivery, the products are delivered with retention of title. If you choose to deposit the cost in the Company’s bank account, the order will not be filled until the company’s bank account has been credited. In the case of payment by depositing the amount in the bank account, you should send an email to the address email@example.com attaching the deposit slip showing the exact amount corresponding to your order. Note that payments made by depositing the price in the bank account should only be made in euro and any transactional costs for the deposit should be covered by you.
- When your order is being filled, you will receive a series of automated emails which will report on the progress of your order.
- i) These messages relate to the following steps:
- a) confirmation of order:
- b) processing of order: When the products in the order have been picked and scheduled for dispatch to your premises, which will be accompanied by the dispatch note.
- c) Outstanding parts of the order: If one or more of the products in your order has not been picked for dispatch and is still pending, we will contact you about this.
- d) Cancellations: Where your order has been cancelled on the grounds cited in these Terms.
- ii) If there is any pending issue or problem when filling your order, you will be sent an email and/or we will contact you at the phone numbers you provided when the order was made via our website.
- By sending an order you consent to the said notices being received, which are a condition for your order being properly processed. We ask you to ensure that these emails can reach you and that you keep them throughout the entire duration of our business transaction. If you do not receive the relevant emails you are obliged to contact our Customer Service Department. The parties agree and accept that the communication described and the manner in which it is conducted (by email or phone call) shall also meet the lawful conditions for providing written notices and updates to you, and confirming your order, where and when required by law. You can contact our Customer Service Department if you wish to state your objections or if you require clarifications about the content of any email you have received in accordance with the above, or for any other reason.
- The Company retains the general right (which the user accepts) to freely determine its own pricing policy, amend the prices on the website and change and/or withdraw offers at any time with or without prior notice from users of the website who will be informed about the price applicable from time to time from the price posted on the website. Although we try to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices appearing on this website are accurate, errors may arise. If we ascertain an error in the price of any of the products you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and will allow you to confirm your order again at the correct price or cancel it. If we fail to contact you, we will consider that the order has been cancelled. If your order is cancelled in accordance with our Terms, but you have already paid for the products, all monies will be returned to you interest-free.
- All prices are in euro and include VAT. All additional charges which may arise are clearly shown and are included in the ‘Order Total’.
- The Services may contain typing errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be fully formatted or updated with the latest details. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time and to change or update information on the website without prior notice. We also reserve the right to refuse to fill any orders you have placed based on information contained in the Services which may contain errors or inaccuracies, such cases including but not limited to errors, inaccuracies or non-updated information about prices, dispatch, payment terms or return policies.
For the activation of the subscription programs as they are presented on the Website, a necessary condition is the creation of the user account in www.vuse.com/gr/el (www.vuse.gr).
The user after the activation of his subscription program has the right to modify, terminate and reactivate his subscription at any time free of charge, if the service is offered at that time by the Website. Also, the user has the right to cancel his subscription at any time free of charge.
The user can subscribe to up to two Vuse subscriptions.
The Products of the subscription will be delivered on the same date of each month or the next working day in case of a holiday or a weekend.
The Company has the right to modify or terminate the offer of the subscription programs through the Website at any time.
Subscriptions are paid only by credit or debit card. Periodic payments are made through the electronic payment provider MONEI.
- Product shipments are made within Greece in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable legislation at the place you have indicated to us via the courier firm we collaborate with. The cost of dispatch depends on the place where the Products are dispatched to and is covered by the Company exclusively for purchases over € 10 with the exception of the same day delivery option available for Attica according to the below terms; in this case there is an additional charge of 4.09 euros. The cost of dispatch is covered in full by you for purchases below 10€ and is 2.48 – 2.60 euros. In case of shipment to inaccessible areas, there is the additional cost of 2.48 euros. If the product you order is directly available in our warehouses and if there are no other grounds for us being forced to temporarily or permanently suspend sale of a product, every effort will be made to ensure that shipments are carried out within 24-48 hours. For the area of Attica there is an option for delivery on the same day only for electronic orders that will be registered until 12:00 noon with an additional charge of 4.09 euros.
- . In all events, the Company is obliged to perform the contract no later than thirty (30) days from confirmation that the order has been received, otherwise you are entitled to withdraw from the contract entered into with us.
- We will make concerted efforts to ensure that your order is filled within a reasonable time within the time limit set out above, but your order may be delayed for the following reasons: (a) because dispatch of the product by our supplier was delayed, it was held up in customs or while being shipped and we do not have it in our warehouses at the time we had calculated. In that case, we will contact you to ask if you want us to deliver the order to you without that product (if it is part of an order for several products) or to suggest another similar product to you. (b) The product you ordered has already been discontinued and is not available due to discontinuation. In this case we will contact you immediately to provide you with all alternative solutions. (c) In times of extreme weather conditions or strikes and in all cases of force majeure which could affect the transfer and shipment of your order. (d) Where it is not possible to contact you by phone and/or email (if there is a problem with your order, either in relation to the product or in relation to payment) because your data entered is not correct or up to date.
- When your order is delivered by the courier company we collaborate with you will be asked to verify your age (to prove you are over 18 years old). Verification will be done by presenting an official document (ID card, passport, driving licence). Where it is not possible to verify your age or it is clear from the official document that you are under 18, the shipment will not be delivered and the order will be cancelled.
- To ensure better, more efficient service for you, our company offers you a choice of payment methods for the products you are interested in purchasing. In this context, it is possible to choose to pay for the products you are interested in purchasing, by (a) credit, debit and prepaid cards of Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Diners, Discover or using the Masterpass e-wallet PayPal, and (b) Paypall, (c) cash on delivery. Note that it is not possible to combine different payment methods for in a single order.
- Please note that payment with cash on delivery of the order at your place is valid with a charge that ranges between 0,99-1,36 euros (charge may vary depending on the delivery area). Pay only in cash and only in euros to the employee of the cooperating courier company, upon delivery of your order at your place, after first checking the product / products you receive.
- Once you have chosen the credit card as a method of payment, the process will be carried out and completed through our trusted partner, a banking institution that provides all the security guarantees of electronic transactions. All card payments are processed through Alpha Bank's "Alpha e-Commerce" electronic payment platform and use TLS 1.2 encryption with 128-bit encryption protocol (Secure Sockets Layer - SSL). Encryption is a way of encrypting information until it reaches its intended recipient, who will be able to decrypt it using the appropriate key. The collection and processing of the payment details you send us are received only by those cooperating with the financial institutions who are solely responsible for processing them to complete the payment. Any deposit costs incurred by your bank will be borne entirely by you.
- Discount vouchers, marketing codes, special offers: From time to time, we may offer promotional or discount vouchers which will apply to specific purchases made via this website. The conditions for use of any discount voucher or marketing code will be determined at the time they are issued and will clearly indicate their expiry date. Moreover, the free shipment service applies on a case by case basis to promotional measures since it does not apply in all cases. In addition, we may have special offers. They are not valid in conjunction with any other offers. We also reserve the right to withdraw an offer, a discount voucher or a marketing code at any time due to limited availability of stock or any other reason or cause, or to replace the product the offer relates to with a similar product in stock where that is possible.
Secure Payments via Alpha Bank
All card payments are processed through Alpha Bank's "Alpha e-Commerce" electronic payment platform and use TLS 1.2 encryption with 128-bit encryption protocol (Secure Sockets Layer - SSL). Encryption is a way of encrypting information until it reaches its intended recipient, who will be able to decrypt it using the appropriate key.
Withdrawal from contract
Our aim is to ensure that customers are fully satisfied. In all events we ask that you check the products upon delivery. However, if you receive a defective product or if any other problem arises, please contact our Customer Service Department immediately for more details.
All users who purchase from our e-shop as consumers may withdraw from the purchase contract within 14 days from receiving their order, by contacting the Company’s Customer Service Department provided that both products and the relevant declaration are returned to our Company within 14 days from receipt of the product.
If you exercise your right to withdraw from the purchase of a product (where such withdrawal is not excluded) the following rules apply to withdrawal from the contract for products purchased from our e-shop:
- a) Returns must be made no later than 14 days from exercising your right of withdrawal (i.e. from the date you contacted the Customer Service Department). After briefing you, the Company will coordinate and organise delivery of the product to be returned via the courier company we collaborate with.
- b) In order for a return to be accepted, the product you sent to be picked up by our company must be in the condition in which it was received, must not have been used, must be complete with its original packaging intact along with all paperwork accompanying the product, the proper maintenance conditions must have been ensured and in general the products must not have suffered any reduction in their value. We are entitled to delay the return of money until we get the goods back.
- c) The products returned must be accompanied by: the Retail Receipt/Sales Invoice or the Dispatch Note.
- e) We would point out that if the above conditions are not met or if there is no such document accompanying the product, your request for withdrawal from the contact cannot be acceded to and the product will be returned to you, and the delivery cost will be covered by you.
- This right of withdrawal from the contract shall not apply in the following indicative, non-exhaustive cases:
- a) In cases where the Products have been purchased from a physical establishment, since the sale is not deemed to have been conducted remotely and does not fall within the protective provisions of Law 2251/1994.
- b) Products which are not suitable for return, for health protection or hygiene reasons, and which have been opened after they were delivered to you. This product category expressly includes refill pods for electronic cigarettes for which our Company will not accept any returns after these products are delivered to you.
- c) In all other respects, the provisions of Article 3l of Law 2251/1994, as in force from time to time, and all other applicable legislation (whether existing or future) shall apply to exemptions from your right of withdrawal, the conditions for such and the exercise of that right.
- Change/ Cancellation of an order
- A change or cancellation to an order will only be accepted where the order confirmation has not been sent, meaning the order has not been completed. Be careful since it should be noted that after the order is confirmed it is not possible to change the delivery address declared for any reason for security reasons (in order to combat fraud).
- If you are a consumer, you may exercise the right of withdrawal provided for in Article 5.10 above or use the procedure for returning products provided for in Article 5.12.
- If there is any problem, contact our Customer Service Department for further details.
- Returns in case of actual defects
- Our aim is to ensure that customers are fully satisfied. However, if you receive a defective product or if any other problem arises, contact our Customer Service Department immediately for more details.
- The following rules apply in all cases where products purchased from our e-shop are returned due to an ascertained actual defect or an ascertained lack of agreed properties due to our fault:
- a) Returns shall be made solely and exclusively to the Company via the courier company we collaborate with. The product will only be picked up for our company by the courier company we collaborate with after you have first contacted our Customer Service Department to inform us about the problem identified with the specific product. The product to be returned will only be picked up from the delivery address you had declared when you placed the order.
- b) In order for a return to be accepted, the product must be in the condition in which it was received, must not have been used, must be complete with its original packaging, and the proper maintenance conditions must have been ensured.
- c) The products returned must be accompanied by: The Retail Receipt / Sales Invoice or the Dispatch Note. We point out that if the above conditions are not met or if there is no such document accompanying the product, your request for withdrawal from the contract cannot be fulfilled and our company will not accept the product.
- D) We will process your return request within a reasonable time period.
- The Products
The products may differ slightly from their photographs. Take into account that the Products and any packaging presented on the Website are only intended for explanatory purposes. Small variations may arise between the product delivered and/or the packaging and the image of the product and the packaging provided on the website.
- The content of this e-shop (in relation to products posted and services offered) is provided without guarantees, conditions or other warranties about its accuracy. Save where the contrary is expressly stated, to the extent permitted by law, the Company, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly preclude any conditions, warranties and other terms which may otherwise be deduced from the applicable legislation and shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, consequential, punishable or accidental harm/loss, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other assets, damage to reputation or good name, or for the cost of providing substitute products and services, which arise from or are related to use, inability to use, operation of or mistakes on the website or linked websites, and any materials posted there, irrespective of whether those losses could be foreseen or arise in the context of the contract, sales and purchases made via our website, the products on our website or in tort, under the applicable legislation or in any other manner. Moreover, it shall not be liable in the case where you are entitled to return of all or part of the price for any delay by associated payment service providers in implementing the order given by the Company in good time.
- We bear no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by a denial of service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful items which could contaminate your hardware, software, data or other proprietary materials due to use of this website or the receipt of any material posted here or on any website associated with it.
- The company and its associates make every concerted effort as part of their technological audits at regular intervals to ensure that the Company’s services, content and transactions are carried out without interruption and that the high level of security it has is maintained. However, it shall not be liable in the case where for any reason, including in the case of negligence, operation of the website is terminated or it becomes difficult and/or impossible to access it and/or if, despite the security measures adopted, viruses or other harmful software are identified and transmitted to user/visitor terminals, or if third parties who are not authorised intervene in any manner in the content and operation of the site making its use difficult or causing problems in its proper operation or by intercepting user personal data. Moreover, we are not liable in the case where access to our website is interrupted for reasons beyond our sphere of control, and for reasons due to technical or other network failures or force majeure or random events.
- To create an account on the website you need to be over 18.
- Having accepted the terms and conditions of use of the website and having completed the process of posting their data, the website provides users with member services. Once the visitor / user completes the registration process by filling out the email account, preferred password and name-surname, they will receive a link at the email address which they filled out asking them to confirm and activate their account on the Website.
- Members are exclusively liable for careful use of their account, for formally logging out (disconnecting) and for all transactions entered into using their personal password, username and their account in general (User Account). Members agree to promptly notify any unauthorised use of their account and any possible security breach. Website administrators shall not be liable for any damage or loss which may arise from failure by members to comply with these terms.
- The website reserves the right to deactivate accounts of members who remain inactive for a long time.
You agree to compensate, hold harmless and indemnify the company and its managers, executives, employees, advisors, agents and associates from any and all third party claims, liability, losses and/or costs (including but not limited to the fees of legal advisors) arising from your use of the website or from your breach of the Terms and Conditions. In all events, where any loss is due to proven negligence on the part of the company, the company shall only be liable to cover any direct loss incurred by the prejudiced party which derives directly from the prejudicial event and the company’s negligence. Likewise, all limitations on liability contained in these terms and conditions of use which are acknowledged and accepted by users/consumers/visitors/members of the Company in their entirety as valid and in accordance with good faith and morality shall apply.
At its unfettered discretion, the Company shall be entitled at any time without notice to amend, remove or change the Services and/or any page on this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is not enforceable (including any provision which excludes our liability to you), the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions shall not be affected – all other terms shall remain in full effect. In any event, where it is possible for a term or part of a term to be taken into account on its own in order for the rest of the part to be valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Otherwise, you agree that the term must be corrected and interpreted so that it approximates the initial meaning of the term as much as possible, in accordance with law.
Online Dispute Resolution
- Our Company’s e-shop is fully in line with the procedure for out-of-court resolution of domestic and cross-border disputes relating to sales contracts entered into with each user/customer, as outlined in Joint Ministerial Decision No. 70330/2015 which includes the provisions on the adaptation of Greek law in compliance with Directive 2013/11/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on alternative dispute resolution for consumer disputes and amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 and Directive 2009/22/EC (Directive on consumer ADR) and additional national measures to implement Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on online dispute resolution for consumer disputes.
- The Online Dispute Resolution platform is directly connected to the competent alternative dispute resolution bodies (ADR) which undertake to handle complaints. In Greece the competent bodies are (a) the Independent Authority for Consumers and (b) the Banking - Investment Services Ombudsman.
- Instructions on online dispute resolution can be found in the link below: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Greece and the European Union (EU). Like us, you agree that you are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens in Greece.
The contracting parties shall not be deemed to have been released from or waived their rights, powers or obligations hereunder merely by the implementation of practices on their part contrary to the terms hereof or due to omission or negligence by them in exercising any rights in accordance with this Agreement or failure to insist on full compliance by the counterparty with the obligations herein. Even prolonged forbearance of breaches of this Agreement by the counterparty shall not under any circumstances indicate or constitute a presumption of waiver of those rights or a forfeiture thereof.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding on all parties (the company and users) and constitute the whole agreement of the parties and take precedence over any and all previous and current contracts between you and the Company.
- Where any term of the agreement is found to be abusive or is annulled, it shall not affect the other terms of the agreement which continue to apply and shall be binding on the parties.
- Any delay in the exercise by the parties of all or part of the rights deriving from these terms shall not entail forfeiture or waiver of the said right which may be exercised at any time at a later stage at the reasonable discretion of the rightholder.