VUSE WANDERLUST COMPETITION - DECEMBER 2021 - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for your interest in the Competition. Please read the following terms and conditions:
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Vuse Wanderlust competition to win a trip to a a dream location in South Africa in 2022 (the “Competition”).
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications relating to the Competition. By entering into this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and will be deemed as such. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter this Competition.
- There is no entry fee required in order to enter the Competition.
- The promoter is British American Tobacco South Africa (registration number 1995/009509/07) whose registered office is at 3 Dock Road, Waterway House, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa (“Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to entrants who:
- Are aged 25 years or over at the time of entry; and
- Are existing tobacco and/or nicotine consumers; and
- Are resident in South Africa; and
- Are not employees (or ex-employees) of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, or close relatives of such employees; and
- Are not otherwise connected with the Promoter or its group companies (including anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition); and
- Are not close relatives of employees of the Promoter or of its holding, subsidiary or affiliate companies who are professionally connected with the administration of the Competition; and
- Have opted in to receive marketing communication. For avoidance of doubt, only consumers who have elected to receive marketing communication from Vuse, are eligible to enter; and
- Have purchased any Vuse product or the Vuse Wanderlust Collection devices or flavours.
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are an Eligible Entrant and are eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are an Eligible Entrant at any point during the Competition.
- The Promoter is not liable if any entrant is not legally allowed to take part in the Competition due to national or local laws.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject entry by, or cease the continued participation of, a person it considers to have entered the Competition in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition entries cannot be returned.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must purchase any Vuse product to get one (1) entry or purchase the Vuse Wanderlust Collection Device or Flavour (Japanese Cherry Blossom or Canadian Maple Peach) to get two (2) entries to the Competition between 3 December 2021 (“Opening Date”) and 23:59 (GMT) on 11 January 2022 (“Closing Date”). The Competition will be limited to Devices purchased at our Vuse Inspiration Stores, Vuse pop up stores or online at vuse.com. No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date.
- Once you have purchased any Vuse product or the Vuse Wanderlust Collection Device or Flavour (Japanese Cherry Blossom or Canadian Maple Peach), and you have signed up and opted to receive marketing communication, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- There is no limit to the number of entries to the Competition per person. Multiple entries from the same person are permitted for every purchase.
- All Applications received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by the Promoter to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries to the Competition that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, lost, damaged, delayed or otherwise fail to reach it during the term of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no liability for entrants’ failure to gain access to the Competition due to technical difficulties (including but not limited to faults, malfunctions, hardware or software failure, satellite/network/server error or any other kind of errors such as user error).
- By submitting an Application Entrants represent and warrant that:
- Their Application does not disparage or reflect adversely upon the Promoter or its goods and services;
- They have all necessary rights and permissions to enter the Competition and that all materials forming part of their Application or participation in the Competition, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of any third party; and
- Their Application complies with these Terms and Conditions;
- By submitting an Application, Entrants consent to the use of their images and names by the Promoter for promotional purposes.
Announcement of the Winners
- Winners will be randomly drawn on 12th January 2022.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries and/or suspend the draw if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent activities has occurred.
- The Winners will be notified by phone call on 14th January 2022. They will have 24 hours to accept the prize, otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to offer their place to another Entrant.
- The Winners will win a trip to their choice of 3 destinations in South Africa. The 3 destinations to choose from are located in Cape Town, KwaZulu-Natal or Gauteng.
- The Prize includes flights and accommodation, and car hire if required. Auxiliary expenses, including pocket money, meals and drinks, as well as travel insurance, etc. are for the Winners' own account.
- The Winners must ensure that they comply with all the travel requirements applicable and that they have all the necessary travel documentation required.
- The Winners must comply with all Covid-19 protocols including Covid-19 testing and/or vaccination and provide proof of same as and when requested by the Promoter. The Covid-19 protocols to be complied with will be communicated to the Winners closer to the date of the trip.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents (including any prize fulfilment agency), nor its distributors shall be liable to the Winners in the event that they are unable to receive their prize due to (i) their failure to provide any requested documentation or information to enable the Promoter to make the necessary travelling arrangements; or (ii) their failure to avail themselves at the agreed time and place in order to depart for the trip or (iii) if they are not available to travel at the provided date and time for any reason whatsoever.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The Prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prizes are non-transferable and subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of any catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, epidemic or pandemic, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms and Conditions. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- Your entry is made without any prior payment or promise of payment or the expectation by you of any payment, benefit or advantage in return for your entry, except for the possibility of obtaining those benefits expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition (including the Prizes).
- The Promoter reserves the right to investigate and undertake all such action, as is reasonable, to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries. In addition, the Promoter reserves the right to reject those entries which it considers, in its absolute discretion, do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or are fraudulent or invalid.
- In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be deemed to have been made by the person whose details were captured on our systems during the purchase of the Vuse products or Vuse Wanderlust Collection Device or Flavour (Japanese Cherry Blossom or Canadian Maple Peach).
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies, and their agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury or death (save in the case of negligence of the Promoter, its associated companies, or their agents and distributors or that of their employees) suffered due to taking part in the Competition.
- Entrants are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa. The laws of any other jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of any other courts are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.