Our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (excluding linked sites) are controlled by British American Tobacco South Africa (Pty) Ltd (company number 1995/009509/07) whose registered office is at 3 Dock road, Waterway House, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, 8000.
These pages may be accessed from various other countries around the world. Each of these places have laws that may differ from those of South Africa. By accessing these pages both you and we agree that the laws of South Africa shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to the use and contents of these pages, unless we specify that the law of another country applies to particular elements of the pages. You also agree that unless we specify otherwise that the courts of South Africa shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction with respect to such matters.
These pages are designed and intended only for adult nicotine consumers located in markets where the products are sold and the use of social media sites are allowed to include the product category of Vuse. The advertising and information regarding products, services and promotions on these pages are applicable to these countries alone. No representation or warranty is given that the materials contained on these pages are appropriate to, available in, or relevant for any other location.
Adult nicotine consumers should refer to the relevant brand page for their specific country of residence, if it exists, for applicable information regarding products, services and promotions. If you are not the intended audience or you object to these Terms, you must not use or interact with these pages.
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time at our sole and exclusive discretion. We will post a notice of changes to these Terms on this site. By continuing to use this site after a change is made, you accept and agree to be bound by the modified Terms. Only we may alter these Terms.
Here at Vuse, we know that social media is big news, and are happy to have you here as part of our social community. Vuse’s social media channels offer adult nicotine consumers direct access to information, as well as the chance to engage with our products, companies and brands. We want nothing more than to give adult nicotine consumers a game-changing platform to connect and maybe even make friends with our heroic Vuse Care team. Below we have outlined our current active local social media channels, as well as our terms and guidelines for interacting with us on these channels.
Current local social media channels in which Vuse participates:
These channels were created and are managed by Vuse and are restricted to nicotine consumers aged 18+. The content posted by Vuse is for informational and educational purposes only. Nothing communicated by Vuse on these channels is intended to be, or should be, interpreted as communicating a health claim, modified risk claim, or cessation claim. Additionally, please keep these rules in mind when interacting with us.
- Vuse seeks to provide a respectful and welcoming community of adult nicotine consumers; we ask you to do the same.
- Vuse may occasionally share links to third-party websites; however, we do not endorse nor are we responsible for the content on those websites. Additionally, re”gramming” or sharing from Vuse does not, and should not, imply any endorsement by Vuse.
- We encourage you to get fully involved with us and others on our social media channels; we’ll do great things together. Vuse is not responsible for user-generated content. Please refrain from engaging in discussions regarding health claims. No nicotine product is without risks.
- Our social media channels are not a place to report any adverse events, reactions or other product-related information. You can report these by contacting Vuse Care on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 (021) 001 8511.
We are unable to reply to all comments, messages or posts. Additionally, we reserve the right not to respond to comments, to delete comments and to block or remove users, particularly in respect of comments which we deem to contain, relate to, or have the effect of the following:
- Appeal to persons under the age of 18
- Include images of persons under the age of 18, where Vuse product(s) or use of Vuse product(s) are shown
- Include profanity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content (including images, videos and links)
- Contain images or videos of individuals actively using any tobacco product
- Are disparaging, threatening, condone violence or illegal behaviour
- Include health-related or cessation-related comments
- Are related to financial, confidential, proprietary, sensitive, legal, regulatory, or non-public information
- Are promotional or advertising related, e.g. sell products and services
- Are spam
- Are repetitive and/or disruptive to the community
- Contain personal identifiable information about you
Your use of Vuse’s social media channels indicates your acceptance of these community guidelines and any subsequent versions. Users who violate these terms may be blocked or removed. While Vuse encourages adult nicotine consumers to participate in our community, we are not responsible for any views expressed other than our own. Please read and engage at your own risk. We reserve the right to delete any of our social media channels and its contents at any time. While these community guidelines address the most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Hence, Vuse may take actions not outlined in these guidelines, as we deem necessary and appropriate.
We may change or update these community guidelines at any time and without prior notice to you.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our social media channels, we hope you stick around.