Make sure you don’t miss out on our subscription pricing.
Don’t forget, if you can always change the flavours you receive each month.
VAPING LEGAL AGE AND YOUTH ACCESS PREVENTION.
LEARN ABOUT VUSE'S POLICIES ON VAPING LEGAL AGE AND YOUTH ACCESS PREVENTION. EXPLORE HIGH-QUALITY VUSE PRODUCTS AND MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ABOUT VAPING.
As more and more people Switch On to vaping there’s still a few questions around who can legally use and purchase Vuse. We’ve put together this read to help you understand the legalities around vaping.
OUR PLEDGE TO YOUTH ACCESS PREVENTION
As members of the Vapour Products Association of South Africa (VPASA), we have the responsibility to ensure that our products are not marketed or sold to anyone under the age of 18. All Vuse products are specifically designed for adult nicotine users only.
TOGETHER WITH VPASA, WE PROTECT THE YOUTH OF SA.
South Africa’s laws currently do not make provisions for the sale of vapes to under 18s – but that hasn’t stopped us from doing our part to restrict the youth from accessing our products.
We have the responsibility to ensure that our products are only marketed to adult nicotine users.
OUR CONTINUOUS PLEDGE TO YOUTH ACCESS PREVENTION
We utilise an age verification process at all our stores, kiosk, website, eCommerce and social media pages. While we know this age verification process may be inconvenient, we hope you understand how important it is to ensure that youth remain protected. We definitely do not endorse or support children having access to or using our products under any circumstances.
Here is the pledge that we took together with the other members of VPASA:
- We believe that our products are only suitable for adult smokers who are looking for a less harmful alternative to traditional cigarettes.
- We commit to NOT sell to individuals who are under the age of 18.
- We commit to train our employees to ensure appropriate age verification at all points of sales.
- We commit to ensure that our courier partners do not deliver electronic nicotine and non-nicotine delivery systems (ENNDS) to under-age persons.
- We are in favour of regulations that prohibit the sale of ENNDS to anyone under the age of 18.
- We are in favour of regulations that will have tough penalties for those who do not adhere to this position of ‘no under-age sales.’
- We recognise as an industry the growth in social media platforms as the preferred means of communication with our consumers, and to this end, care and due diligence is observed to ensure we do not promote vaping and/or ENNDS to under-age persons. We use these platforms to support adult smokers who are looking for a less harmful alternative to smoking.
- From 23 March 2021, we as members of the Vapour Products Association of South Africa (VPASA) pledge to support the Youth Access Prevention (YAP) campaign by displaying this pledge, YAP stickers for all our consumers to see; posting on our social media platforms materials and content to this effect.
Explore our other sections
*Based on laboratory testing of newly manufactured product and may vary depending on an individual’s usage behaviour.