TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF VUSE PRODUCT OF THE YEAR SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION
Make sure you don’t miss out on our subscription pricing.
Don’t forget, if you can always change the flavours you receive each month.
Thank you for your interest in the Competition. Please read the following terms and conditions:
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Vuse Product of the Year competition (the “Competition”).
- The competition will commence on 19 August 2022 and end on 24 August 2022.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications relating to the Competition. By entering into this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and will be deemed as such. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter this Competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Competition.
- The promoter is British American Tobacco South Africa (registration number 1995/009509/07) whose registered office is at 3 Dock Road, Waterway House, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa (“Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to entrants who:
(a) Are aged 25 years or over at the time of entry;
(b) Are existing tobacco and/or nicotine consumers;
(c) Are resident in South Africa
(d) Are not employees (or ex-employees) of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, or close relatives of such employees; and
(e) Are not otherwise connected with the Promoter or its group companies (including anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition) (“Eligible Entrants”).
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are an Eligible Entrant and are eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are an Eligible Entrant at any point during the Competition.
- The promoter is not liable if any entrant is not legally allowed to take part in the Competition due to national or local laws.
- There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person per platform (Facebook and Instagram). Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject entry by, or cease the continued participation of, a person it considers to have entered the Competition in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition entries cannot be returned.
- To enter the competition, entrants must like the Competition post that will be posted on the Vuse Social Media Page on the 18th August 2022 and comment what they love about Vuse.
- All Applications received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by the Promoter to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Entries must be submitted between “18 August 2022” (opening date) and “24 August 2022” (closing date). No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries to the Competition that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, lost, damaged, delayed or otherwise fail to reach it during the term of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no liability for entrants’ failure to gain access to the Competition due to technical difficulties (including but not limited to faults, malfunctions, hardware or software failure, satellite/network/server error or any other kind of errors such as user error).
- By submitting an Application Entrants represent and warrant that:
(a) Their application does not contain any virus or other harmful software, or any harmful, offensive or inappropriate content;
(b) Their Application does not disparage or reflect adversely upon the Promoter or its goods and services;
(c) They have all necessary rights and permissions to enter the Competition and that all materials forming part of their Application or participation in the Competition, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
(d)Their Application complies with these Terms and Conditions; and
(e) Their Application does not contain any illegal, obscene, racist, defamatory or sexual material, any material likely to offend any person, or any material likely to infringe any person’s right to privacy.
- By entering the Competition, Entrant’s consent to the use of their images by the Promoter for promotional purposes.
Announcement of the Winners
- Three winners will be randomly selected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries and/or suspend the judging phase if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent activities have occurred.
- The Winners will be announced on the Vuse Instagram page, where they will be tagged in a post and a direct message will be sent to them for the purpose of collecting their details in order to arrange the delivery of their Prize. The Winners will be announced on or before the 30th of September 2022
- The Winners will have three days to respond to the direct message sent to them, should this period lapse the Promoter reserves the right to offer their place to other Entrants.
- The Winners will win a pair of customized sneakers and a customized Vuse jacket.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents (including any prize fulfilment agency), nor its distributors shall be liable to the Winners in the event that they are unable to receive their prize due to (i) their failure to provide their address for the purpose of having the price delivered to them; or (ii) their failure to collect the prize at an agreed place and time.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
Any personal information that you provide to us in relation to the Competition will only be used for the purposes of the competition and contacting you if you are a winner. For further information regarding our privacy practices please see our Privacy Notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of any catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, epidemic or pandemic, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms and Conditions. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- Your entry is made without any prior payment or promise of payment or the expectation by you of any payment, benefit or advantage in return for your entry, except for the possibility of obtaining those benefits expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition (including the Prizes).
- The Promoter reserves the right to investigate and undertake all such action, as is reasonable, to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries. In addition, the Promoter reserves the right to reject those entries which it considers, in its absolute discretion, do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or are fraudulent or invalid.
- In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be deemed made by the authorised social media account holder used in the relevant entry. "Authorised social media account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media account by a social media service provider.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies, and their agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury or death (save in the case of negligence of the Promoter, its associated companies, or their agents and distributors or that of their employees) suffered due to taking part in the Competition.
- Entrants are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa. The laws of any other jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of any other courts are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.