VUSE ENGRAVING DESIGN COMPETITION - MAY 2021 - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for your interest in the Competition. Please read the following terms and conditions:
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Vuse Creative Design competition to win an engraved Vuse device with the Entrant’s unique design and two Vuse ePod Flavours (the “Competition”).
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications relating to the Competition. By entering into this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and will be deemed as such. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter this Competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Competition.
- Entries will be accepted via the Vuse South Africa Facebook and Twitter “Social Media Pages”.
- The promoter is British American Tobacco South Africa (registration number 1995/009509/07) whose registered office is at 3 Dock Road, Waterway House, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa (“Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to entrants who:
- Are aged 25 years or over at the time of entry;
- Are existing tobacco and/or nicotine consumers;
- Are resident in South Africa;
- Are not employees (or ex-employees) of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, or close relatives of such employees; and
- Are not otherwise connected with the Promoter or its group companies (including anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition) (“Eligible Entrants”).
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are an Eligible Entrant and are eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are an Eligible Entrant at any point during the Competition.
- The promoter is not liable if any entrant is not legally allowed to take part in the Competition due to national or local laws.
- There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person per platform (Facebook and Twitter). Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject entry by, or cease the continued participation of, a person it considers to have entered the Competition in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition entries cannot be returned.
- To enter the competition, entrants must reply or comment with their unique creative design on the Competition post that will be posted on our Social Media pages between (“25 May 2021”) and 23:59 (GMT) on (“31 May 2021”). No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date.
- All Applications received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by the Promoter to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries to the Competition that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, lost, damaged, delayed or otherwise fail to reach it during the term of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no liability for entrants’ failure to gain access to the Competition due to technical difficulties (including but not limited to faults, malfunctions, hardware or software failure, satellite/network/server error or any other kind of errors such as user error).
- By submitting an Application Entrants represent and warrant that:
- Their Application does not contain any virus or other harmful software, or any harmful, offensive or inappropriate content;
- Their Application does not disparage or reflect adversely upon the Promoter or its goods and services;
- They have all necessary rights and permissions to enter the Competition and that all materials forming part of their Application or participation in the Competition, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- Their Application complies with these Terms and Conditions; and
- Their Application does not contain any illegal, obscene, racist, defamatory or sexual material, any material likely to offend any person, or any material likely to infringe any person’s right to privacy.
- By submitting an Application, Entrants consent to the use of images of their Application by the Promoter for promotional purposes.
- The Judging Phase will take place between 25 May 2021 and 31 May 2021 (“Judging Phase”)
- Our Judges will evaluate the submissions by the entrants and will select the five winning designs.
Announcement of the Winners
- The top five designs from each platform will be shown on the 9th of June 2021 through Social Media Pages.
- The 10 Winners will be announced on our Social Media Page on 9th June 2021.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries and/or suspend the Judging Phase if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent activities has occurred.
- The Winners will be notified by email on 8 June 2020. They will have 24 hours to accept the prize, otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to offer their place to a subsequent high scoring entry.
- The Winners will win a Vuse device engraved with their unique design paired with two Vuse ePod flavours and a special note from one of our Influencers.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents (including any prize fulfilment agency), nor its distributors shall be liable to the Winners in the event that they are unable to receive their prize due to (i) their failure to provide their address for the purpose of having the price delivered to them; or (ii) their failure to collect the prize at an agreed place and time.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of any catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, epidemic or pandemic, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms and Conditions. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- Your entry is made without any prior payment or promise of payment or the expectation by you of any payment, benefit or advantage in return for your entry, except for the possibility of obtaining those benefits expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition (including the Prizes).
- The Promoter reserves the right to investigate and undertake all such action, as is reasonable, to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries. In addition, the Promoter reserves the right to reject those entries which it considers, in its absolute discretion, do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or are fraudulent or invalid.
- In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be deemed made by the authorised social media account holder used in the relevant entry. "Authorised social media account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media account by a social media service provider.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies, and their agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury or death (save in the case of negligence of the Promoter, its associated companies, or their agents and distributors or that of their employees) suffered due to taking part in the Competition.
- Entrants are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa. The laws of any other jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of any other courts are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Codemasters, Discord, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or any other social network.