How do I refill my e-cigarette?
Unless you are using a 100% disposable e-cigarette then at some point you will need to refill your vape device. How you do this depends on what kind of e-cigarette you are using; keep reading to find a handy guide to match your current model.
There is no definite guide to how often your e cig will need refilling as it largely depends on how often you use it. However, it is important not to let your vaping device run dry or you risk damaging it beyond repair.
Signs that you need to refill your e-cig include lower than usual vapour production or a loss of flavour.
Refilling a tank (or cartridge) model e-cigarette
E-cigs which use tanks (or cartridges) are known as closed systems and as such cannot be refilled manually. However, it is really simple to replace either of them, simply unscrew the used tank or cartridge, dispose of it safely, and attach a fresh new one. Always check it is attached correctly and fully.
Refilling a clearomiser model e-cigarette
These e-cigs use an open system, and sport a clear section (the clearomiser) where the e-juice lives. To refill a clearomizer simply:
- Remove the battery and mouthpiece from the clearomiser.
- Select the e-juice you wish to fill it with and open the bottle.
- Hold the e-juice bottle at an angle to avoid dripping liquid into the centre tube. (Do this and you will get to taste the liquid when you vape, which you don’t want!)
- Squeeze gently to help liquid if needed, but keep a close eye on the level. You should never fill it past the top of the window.
- Once finished replace the battery and mouthpiece.
- Get the new e juice moving by taking a few short puffs on your e-cig.
Now you are ready to go, but it’s worth making a note of the dates you refill your e cigarette as it is normal for the clearomiser to need replacing after it has been refilled around a dozen times. You can usually tell when this time is approaching as both the flavor and the vapour will become less consistent, and not improve following a refill.
If in doubt, always consult your e-cig user manual in order to find out how to refill your device properly and safely.
If you’re interested, find out more about the Vuse e juice here.