To use the Vuse website you must be aged

18 years or over.

Are you older than 18 years?

Date

Month

Year

OUR PLANET MATTERS

TOGETHER, WE CAN ENJOY VAPING WHILE BEING KIND TO THE PLANET

NOW FOR TOMORROW

We are taking steps to reduce our impact on the environment – with the goal of becoming the world’s most sustainable vaping brand.

Whilst we are proud of our achievements, we will continue to take action to make the Vuse experience even more sustainable and planet friendly. Follow our progress as we REMOVE, REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE. We are on a journey, putting theory into practice, and we can promise one thing: we will go a little further every day to create a better tomorrow.

JOIN US. NOW FOR TOMORROW.

OUR JOURNEY TO CARBON NEUTRALITY

Since May 2021, we have been able to proudly say that “Vuse is the first global carbon-neutral vape brand*”, setting the Environmental Sustainability Goals (ESG) standard in the vaping category.Take a look at the initiatives that have helped us reach this important milestone on our sustainability journey!

DISCOVER NOW

* Based on ePod, ePen, eTank mini, Alto devices and consumables internal sales forecast (calculated March 2021) for 12 months starting from April 2021. BAT was able to reduce its carbon emissions by 44.4%; the remaining 55.6% are offset by third parties. Carbon neutrality was calculated based on ISO 14044:2006 for the entire product life cycle. Please note that carbon neutrality does not exclude any adverse impact of the products on the environment. Find out more at vuse.com/ch.

OUR MILESTONES

REDUCE

CO2 NEUTRALITY

Since May 2021, we have reduced and offset our emissions to the point where we have a neutral carbon footprint.*

LEARN MORE

RECYCLE

RECYCLING PROGRAMME

We strive to minimise our impact on the environment, which is why we offer you the opportunity to return your used Vuse device to us, ensuring that they are disposed of in accordance with the OREA** regulations.You can simply return them to us free of charge by post!

LEARN MORE

NOW FOR TOMORROW

WE CONTINUE

We are already working on future projects to continue our journey of sustainability. The next milestones will follow soon – stay tuned!

* Based on ePod, ePen, eTank mini, Alto devices and consumables internal sales forecast (calculated March 2021) for 12 months starting from April 2021. BAT was able to reduce its carbon emissions by 44.4%; the remaining 55.6% are offset by third parties. Carbon neutrality was calculated based on ISO 14044:2006 for the entire product life cycle. Please note that carbon neutrality does not exclude any adverse impact of the products on the environment. Find out more at vuse.com/ch.

** Swiss ordinance on return, take-back and disposal of electrical and electronic equipment

SUSTAINIBILITY FAQ

WHAT ELSE IS VUSE DOING TO REDUCE ITS OWN GLOBAL AND LOCAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT?

→ We are eliminating single-use plastic from packaging – 100 tonnes of plastic, or the equivalent of four million plastic bottles, had been saved by 2020.*

→ We are switching from airfreight to sea freight – by the end of 2022, we aim to have 80% of international shipments transported by sea.

→ We have implemented a recycling programme for devices compliant with applicable Swiss laws and regulations (namely, the ordinance on return, take-back and disposal of electrical and electronic equipment (OREA)), which helps reduce the number of electrical appliances going to landfill.

→ We are running a number of pilot projects to take back empty caps – around 200,000 caps have been collected since the launch in 2020. (Not available in Switzerland yet.)

* Annual plastic savings calculated based on global sales volume in 2020; plastic bottle comparison based on a bottle weight of 22.9 g, the representative weight of commercially available 500 ml soft drink bottles (May 2020). The results have been independently verified.

WILL VUSE CONTINUE TO OFFSET CO2 IN THE FUTURE?

Whilst our efforts in decarbonisation will continue, we are also aiming to offset the remaining carbon emissions until we achieve net zero. Vuse is committed to reducing its environmental impact and has a strong decarbonisation strategy already in place. It is not possible to reduce all our emissions in the short term; therefore, we have decided to undertake carbon offsetting in the meantime. Our decarbonisation activities are based on the outcomes from the Life Cycle Assessment.

WHO HAS VERIFIED VUSE’S CARBON-NEUTRAL CLAIMS?

Vuse’s carbon neutrality has been independently validated by Vertis, an environmental commodity trading and carbon advisory firm, based on product Life Cycle Assessment data provided by an independent third party.

WHAT IS THE ESG STANDARD?

The abbreviation ESG stands for Environment Social Governance. The ESG standard assesses how sustainable companies are, with the categories environment, social and corporate governance used for the assessment. You can find BAT's ESG status here:

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE RETURNED DEVICES?

We strive to minimise our impact on the environment and comply with applicable Swiss laws and regulations (notably, the ordinance on return, take-back and disposal of electrical and electronic equipment (OREA)) for all our Vuse/Vype devices. As a manufacturer of electronic cigarettes, we are responsible for complying with the OREA and want to help relieve the landfills of waste equipment.

To ensure environmentally friendly disposal, BAT offers our consumers the possibility of returning used Vuse/Vype devices (ePen and ePod) to us. These are then safely disposed of by us, ensuring that they do not end up in the landfill.